Friday, May 25, 2012

SUMMER PAPERBACK CHECK-OUT BEGINS


Starting Tuesday, May 29th students in grades 5, 6, and 7 will have the opportunity to check out 5 paperback books for the entire summer. Those books will not be due until the day after Labor Day, September 4th. This is a great opportunity for students to keep reading over the summer. In addition we have a Summer Reading Program which begins June 1st. This year's program is called Reading Safari. All students have to do is keep a Reading Log (which we provide) of everything they read from June 1st to August 31st. Everyone who turns in a Reading Log(s) is eligible for prizes. Details of the Summer Paperback Checkout and Summer Reading Program will be on the Lakeview Library Webpage next week. Also next Friday I will start my Summer Blog where I review the books I read over the summer. I have some really good choices saved up. I can't wait to get started!

No comments: