Friday, January 23, 2009

Are You Charmed?

When the television series Charmed about the three witch sisters was on the air, I became a big fan. While witchcraft was the underlying theme of the series, it was the relationship between the sisters that kept me interested. They were like real people -- sometimes friends, sometimes enemies. One day in the book store I found a Charmed novel with new adventures of the Halloway sisters. I read it and wanted more. Over time I purchased several of these books. When I finished reading them, I realized that they were not books that I wanted to keep on my bookshelf forever, so I donated them to Lakeview. At first it was just one book, The Legacy of Merlin. (Merlin is another of my favorite characters.) To my surprise the book was seldom on the library shelves. It was so popular that I decided to donated the rest of the titles I had. Now there are five titles in Lakeview's collection and one more on the way. Of these books only one, Charmed Again, is a novelization of an actual television broadcast and therefore, unsuitable for books reports. All the other titles, which you can find by searching the I.P.A.C. for Charmed as a series, are original novels and can be used for book reports. I hope you will enjoy the further adventures of Prue, Piper, Phoebe (and Paige) as much as I do.

No comments: