Friday, September 12, 2008

Redwall Series

A number of years ago Miss Smith who was then assistant principal here at Lakeview asked me if I knew anything about a book whose title was red something and was about mice. I wasn't familiar with the book, but I promised I would find out about it. The book she was referring to was Redwall, the incredible book by Brian Jacques that told the story of how a group of peaceful mice defended Redwall Abbey against the evil rat Cluny and his villainous hordes of rats and weasels. When I read this book I was fascinated by the perspective - everything took place at a level that was mouse-high. This high action, dazzling adventure book soon sprouted into a series of books that now number at least 19 with several spin-offs. All the books involve Redwall Abbey or animals that have lived there or defended it.

Thanks to a generous donation from last year's P.T.O., the IMC was able to increase our Redwall collection to 17 titles with all be 2 of them include in the Accelerated Reader program. If you like animal stories where the various creatures sword-fight, sneak into buildings, and perform dangerous rescues, this is the series for you. Check these books out from the Fiction section under JAC or in the New Book section for the most recent additions. For a complete list of titles use the I.P.A.C. online catalog that's linked to the Lakeview IMC webpage.

No comments: